I'm not sure if these things will work for you, but here are some bonding ideas. [img]smile.gif[/img]

One of the first things I did with Joanie was watch LOST with her. I got her about midway through the first season, and every week I'd prop her up next to me and we'd enjoy it together. It was nice to have a special thing to do with her. I think it helped me bond with her a lot. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I think it also helps to go through your AG clothes and find the outfit each doll is in the "mood" for. My Felicity was beautiful, but I couldn't bond with her very well until I put her in modern jeans and a T-shirt. She brightened right up. [img]smile.gif[/img] I like her so much more now, and it's easier for me to imagine her personality.

I like to think about what the girls are doing, pursuing their own interests. I have a miniature copy of A Midsummer Night's Dream, and sat Joanie down with it the other day. Now presumably the girls have read it [img]wink.gif[/img] , and have their own favorite characters and parts. Joanie loves Puck, and Felicity can't decide if her favorite is Helena or Hermia. They think it would be fun to be in a play. (Don't remind them that there's a Grecian princess outfit...LOL!)

I like what's been said about writing (or at least making up) stories for them. It brings them to life a little bit more. There's a line in book "A Little Princess" where a little girl asks Sara if her doll can really move and have her own adventures. Her response was something like, "Of course. At least I believe she can. At least I pretend I believe she can. And that makes it seem as if it were real." It seemed to help Sara bond with her doll Emily, and I think it's a good idea. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Different ways to bond with dolls work for different people. I hope that you can find something wonderful to help you enjoy your dolls more.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ July 27, 2006 01:36 PM: Message edited by: Avione ]</font>